We are appreciated that we get the Gateway 3DS card from www.dwtechz.com. There is a Gateway logo on the box. Open the plastic box, one blue and one red sticker with Gateway logo are on two cartridges. Then we try to set it up to play a 3DS game.
Things for preparation:
a. 3DS console (Firmware version 4.1—4.5) (It includes a SD card inside. )
b. Gateway 3DS flashcarts
Gateway 3DS Cards
The backside of Gateway 3DS cards is below:
Gateway 3DS Red Cart
Gateway 3DS Blue Card
c. Micro SD card (4GB or 8GB is ok.)
d. a 3DS rom pre-downloaded in another Micro SD card (Mario Kart 7)
Then we can begin to install the Gateway 3DS for 3DS games.
- Download its firmware Gateway 3DS Firmware V1.1A and unzip it.
- Take out the SD card from the 3DS console. Open the folder “GW Release” and copy the “Launcher.dat” into the SD card of the 3DS console. Then put the SD card back to 3DS.
- Open “Blue Card (R4i)” folder and drag the files into another Micro SD card (This memory card is used for the blue cart)
- Put the blue card into the console and choose the “GW_INSTALL.nds” file to run the Gateway installer.
- Click on the “Home” button to back to the main interface
Then we should read the exploit on the 3DS by clicking on “System Setting”, “Other Setting”, “Profile”, “Nintendo DS Profile”.
The next is to backup the 3DS rom to the Micro SD card. Download Win32 Disk Imager or download the Mac OS 3DS SD Imager Tool from its official site. Write the 3DS rom , Mario Kart 7, into the memory card. Then we can enjoy the 3DS rom with the Gateway 3DS card.
Tips: If we turn off the 3DS console or take out the red Gateway 3DS card, we should repeat the process of reading the exploit with the blue cart. (We should read the exploit on the 3DS by clicking on “System Setting”, “Other Setting”, “Profile”, “Nintendo DS Profile”.)